Monday, June 29, 2009

RSS Feeds

How does this differ from Thing 6? Hmm.

I have added the Cataloging Futures blog and the LOC blog to my Google Reader to see if I like them. I don't have much else to comment on here, so I will list some of the RSS feeds that I find particularly useful for work. Maybe someone else can discover something new that way.

Earlyword: The Publisher/Librarian Connection (This will often give me a "heads up" to books that have been promoted on television or radio and that patrons might be looking for soon.)

Library Journal Reviews (Self-explanatory)

Publishers Weekly Reviews (Ditto)

Love the Liberry (This is a blog written by a group of library employees that post about funny interactions or questions they get at the reference desk. Often I can relate...)

Shelf Check (library cartoon I like better than "Unshelved")

Librarian in Black (Sarah Houghton-Jan's blog about libraries and technology)

Stephen's Lighthouse (from Sirsi-Dynix's VP Stephen Abram, there are often interesting bits about libraries and technology here as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment