Friday, July 10, 2009

Facebook

This "thing" was a piece of cake because I have had a Facebook account for about a year and a half now. At first I was apprehensive because Facebook does not allow me to code HTML into my page and change the look, but once I got over that I found that I liked it much better than MySpace.

A few months ago I was asked to create a Facebook page for the library. When I went to do so, I found out that the administrator has to link from their personal profile. I am a bit paranoid about mixing work and personal social networking, so...I broke the rules and created another profile for my work persona. Now I am just trying to get the word out to our patrons that we are there so they can "become a fan" and find out about programs and events. Today I found a cute little widget that I could embed into the library's website that shows a few wall posts, fans (first name only), and the "become a fan" button. I uploaded it today, so we'll see in a few weeks how well that has worked!

Sara Miller
Sara Miller
Create Your Badge

No comments:

Post a Comment