Friday, June 5, 2009

Flickr

I have been using Flickr for our library for some time now, primarily starting the photostream last year during our Summer Reading Club. Here's a link to the stream:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27475023@N03/

I posted links to the photostream on the library website and patrons seemed to get a kick out of it. One of the questions that is always in the back of my mind is...do we need permission from individuals to post their pictures on the internet and use them to promote the library? I am usually the one taking these photos, and I have always asked permission of parents before taking photos that prominently feature their child, but what about those photos that show larger groups of people? Are there privacy issues at stake?

Summer Reading Club kicks off today and I will DEFINITELY be taking more pictures and adding them to the stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment